1. Add water, butter, sugar and salt to a large saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the flour and reduce heat to medium-low stir constantly with a rubber spatula until mixture comes together and is smooth.
3. Transfer the mix to a large mixing bow and let it cool for 10 minutes.
4. Add the vanilla and egg to flour mixture then mix immediately with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand. Blend until mixture comes together and is smooth (it will separate at first but keep mixing it will come together).
5. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a rounded star tip (about 1/2-inch).
6. Heat the vegetable oil on medium heat.
7. Mix sugar and cinnamon for coating in a shallow dish and set aside.
8.Carefully pipe mixture into the heated oil, cut end with clean scissors.
9. Let fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to dry briefly then transfer to cinnamon sugar mixture and roll to coat.