1. Boil some salted water, add the tagliatelle and cook till still al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic and a pinch of salt, sweat on a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Turn up the heat and add the mushrooms, sauté for another 5 minutes till golden. Do not crowd the pan or the mushrooms will let out their natural juices and braise instead of sautéing.
4. Add in the stock and cream cheese and mix well till all the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Add in the tagliatelle and mix well.
6. Add the parsley, a pinch of salt, pepper and chilli flakes (optional).
7. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle the truffle oil on top.
8. Garnish with griddled king oyster mushrooms (optional).